1. Last week when Tom and I were on a walk, we saw a lady literally walking and reading a book. She was also walking on the wrong side of the road (this bothers me immensely). This is how
people cartoons fall down manholes. I thought maybe she would be a cartoon as she approached, but when she passed us, she was clearly a three dimensional human.
2. Recently we were eating dinner with my sister’s family and my niece complained that she was still hungry even though she still had food on her plate. My sister said she can have more salad if she’d like and she said, “Yes, I want more salad, but just the cheese part.” I think that pretty much sums up all of existence.
3. I found my Super Friends DVD! Guess where it was? No. Try again. Ok, I’ll just tell you – IT WAS IN THE TRASH. The only two scenarios I can think of are that either it was precariously balanced on the sofa arm and fell into the trash, OR the DVDs became self-aware and, realizing that they were a Super Friends DVD collection, put themselves in the trash. The good news is they were not harmed in the week and a half they were stuck in the bottom of a trash can.
4. The bad news is there still may not be a Super Friends this week because I have my fourth cold in as many months. I’ve been blessed with a sore throat for this cold and if there’s anything that makes me a big ol’ baby who feels she’s too ill and feeble to do a Super Friends post, it’s a sore throat. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A SORE THROAT? I get it, I’m sick. The fever couldn’t beat it so it went away – sore throat, fuck you, you don’t need to remind me I don’t feel well. Boo hoo, you’re smothered in snot – ALL OF ME IS SMOTHERED IN SNOT, you aren’t special!
5. Sorry, I get a little carried away in my hatred of sore throats. I would say it’s my least favorite symptom, but I’ve never had lesions or boils or coughed up blood so I’m not really ready to commit to that/am superstitious.
6. I hope everyone is having a great week and I’ll hopefully be back in the swing of things next week.