- Mike Score of A Flock of Seagulls may have said he ran so far away, but really he only walked down to the stop sign because his mom said he wasn’t allowed to leave the cul-de-sac. That’s why they had to use aluminum foil and garbage bag dresses to make the video in his basement.
- Turns out it wasn’t the train. The rails were crazy.
- The original lyrics of “For Those About to Rock” were, “For those about to rock, take a coat, please.”
- You can get your Eyes Without a Face with the Face on the side, or you can substitute the face for cheesy grits.*
- You don’t have to believe we are magic, it’s just highly encouraged, and would be a favor to Olivia Newton John because she kind of already told everybody we are.
- “Another One Bites the Dust” was the inspiration for the TV show My Strange Addiction.
- In Glenn Fry’s “You Belong to the City,” the saxophone is played by a California Raisin.
- The greatest assumption-of-naked-swimming lyric to come out of the 80s is: “You just took for granted that I want to skinny dip” from the masterpiece “We Don’t Have to Take Our Clothes Off” by Jermaine Stewart.
- Your kiss may be on Hall and Oates’ list, but you know what the second thing is? “The sound of my victim’s cries.” Third? “Fried lips with honey mustard dipping sauce.”
*That one was blatantly stolen from Tom, inspired yet again from my iPod content.